Happy New Year everyone and welcome back! The cast & crew of Supernatural Studios are back to work on the second half of season 5, and will begin shooting the 100th episode in a few short days. \o/ I think it would be awesome if we as a community could send 100 "Congratulations on your 100th episode" postcards. What do you all think?
If you didn't catch them, we received pictures from the studio showing all the cards we have sent in this year hanging up in the conference room. You can find those pictures HERE and HERE, and pictures from previous seasons in the right sidebar of the community.
In case any of you reading this right now are new to the community, please allow me to explain briefly what this community is all about: We send thank you messages to the cast & crew (and congratulations when something like reaching 100 episodes happens) of Supernatural for working so hard to give us a show that we all love. We need community members to buy or make a postcard, write a welcome back, thank you, or congratulatory message on it, stamp it, and then drop it in the mail. Once you have sent your postcard, please respond to this post and let us know so that we have an idea about how many cards the community has collectively sent.
If you have any questions, just comment to this post or e-mail one of the mods: deathisyourart, phantomas & thirdsouthobbi. The community is now mirrored on Dreamwidth, but we would prefer if comments were left here on livejournal if possible. Thank you!
Supernatural Cast & Crew c\o
Supernatural Films Inc.
8085 Glenwood Drive
Things of note:
1) Sources inside the studio have informed us that they really like funny or original postcards, so we encourage you to buy the funny and/or strange ones, OR make your own cards. Heavy card stock in the dimensions of 4.25"x6" or 6"x8" are treated the same as store bought cards.
2) Please remember to be POLITE and RESPECTFUL in both words and pictures on the card; these cards are being sent to a place of business. What is funny in fandom is not the same as what is funny in an office, or at a studio.
3) Please do not spray your cards with perfume or send any food items through the mail (if you feel the need to send gifts); some people can have extreme reactions to perfume, and food is never accepted at the studio.
4) To send a postcard from the states into Canada the cost is now 75 cents*, sending postcards within Canada is 54 cents*, and sending a postcard from the U.K. to Canada is 62p*. If you are from a country other than the United States or Canada, please check with your local post-office for prices; we will not be providing that information for you.
*These numbers may change at the discretion of their respective agencies.
5) For members in the United States (I'm not sure if it works for those outside the Continental U.S.) there is a service through the US postal system that allows you to create a postcard online, they will then print and mail it for you for a small fee. The service is called Premium Postcard. If there are similar services in your area, please let us know and we will edit this post to include them.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR PARTICIPATING